How do toxic substances impact zebrafish, and do they impact humans as well? How reliable are climate models, and how many resources do we consume as a society? The Amsterdam Global Change Institute accommodates the cooperative efforts of more than 200 researchers, working across the board in the fields of global change, sustainability and the environment.
The nearby Zuidas business district provides collaboration with leading financial institutions and companies. Master's programmes utilize this network to develop academic courses that respond to current financial market demands. Integrating theory and practice, critical thinking and reflecting on the financial landscape lays the groundwork for the next generation of responsible financial leaders.
The Honours Programme grants talented and motivated students the opportunity to look further than the limits of their own fields. Starting from the third semester, Honours students take courses from their own field and from an interfaculty programme. Top lecturers share their knowledge of current themes such as climate change, the heredity of stress sensitivity and the economic impacts of globalisation.
- Dental research VU and UvA assessed as very good to excellent
- No more Chipknip: the new way to pay at VU University
- VU renews and extends institutional agreement with UCLA
- Oldest ever engraving discovered on 500,000-year-old shell
- VU president Jaap Winter signs cooperation agreement in Beijing with Tsinghua University