It's all about a fascination for human life
Do you want to combine human biology with molecular biology? Or do you want to learn about the other possibilities of biomedical sciences after a year of research? This master's programme will offer you just that!
While pursuing a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences you can opt to study a combination of different specializations. The research specializations will enable you to embark on a career in research. In the second year you decide on your profile, eather with a focus on research or more into biomedical related specializations. These specializations will enable you to work in professions like policy officer, sciencific journalism or advisor, and the education specialization (only in Dutch) will enable you to teach at pre-university or higher vocational education level.
Are you interested in infectious diseases and do you want to gain a deeper understanding of how the immune system works? Then you can focus on both these specializations. Does your scientific interest lie in neurobiology and your professional ambition in policy-making? Then you can combine these two. You can tailor your programme according to your own desires and interests, in the form of internships and/or compiling your own biomedical programme in the second year.
- Language of instruction:English
- Duration:2 years
- Tuition fee:Information about tuition fees (collegegeld)
- Application deadline:1 June for Dutch students. 1 April for EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA students.* * EU/EEA students with an international degree who do not need housing services through Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam can still apply until 1 June.
- Start date:1 September
- Study type:Full-time
- Field of Interest:Behavioural and Social Sciences, Health and Movement, Natural Sciences
- Specializations:First and/or second year: Immunology / Infectious Diseases / Neurobiology / Molecular Oncology (proposed start 2017-2018) Second year: International Public Health / Communication / Science in Society / Eerstegraads lerarenopleiding Biologie
- Admission requirements: