It's all about a fascination for human life
Do you want to combine humane biology with molecular biology? Or do you want to learn about the other possibilities of biomedical sciences after a year of research? This master's programme will offer you just that!
While pursuing a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences you can opt to study a combination of different specializations. The research-oriented specializations will enable you to embark on a career in research. The societal specialization will equip you for a position as a policy officer. The communication specialization will enable you to work in public relations or scientific journalism, and the education specialization (only in Dutch) will enable you to teach at pre-university or higher vocational education level.
Are you interested in infectious diseases and do you want to gain a deeper understanding of how the immune system works? Then you can focus on both these specializations. Does your scientific interest lie in immunology and your professional ambition in policy-making? Then you can combine these two. You can tailor your programme according to your own desires and interests.
- Language of instruction:English
- Duration:2 years
- Tuition fee:Information about tuition fees (collegegeld)
- Application deadline:1 June for Dutch students. 1 April for EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA students.* * EU/EEA students with an international degree who do not need housing services through Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam can still apply until 1 June.
- Start date:1 September
- Study type:Full-time
- Field of Interest:Behavioural and Social Sciences, Health and Movement, Natural Sciences
- Specializations:First and/or second year: Immunology / Infectious Diseases / (Neurobiology) Second year: International Public Health / Communication / Science in Society / Eerstegraads lerarenopleiding Biologie
- Admission requirements:
Language proficiency: TOEFL 580/237/92-93 or IELTS 6.5