Management, Policy Analysis and Entrepreneurship in the Health and Life Sciences (MPA)
Science for solving society’s complex problems
New biomedical innovations in a world that is becoming ever more complex give rise to a wide range of ethical, legal and social questions and dilemmas. Is the new whooping-cough vaccine better than the old one? How can we control Q fever?
How should we implement notions of patient-centred care? What will be the impact of developments in genomics on basic health insurance? Providing the best possible answers to these questions calls for cooperation between several disciplines and actors in society, from government, industry and social institutions to consumers and patients. The Master’s programme offers the ideal opportunity to specialize in this fascinating area of research where a wide range of disciplines meet.
Accreditation programme: 'Good'
This master's programme received a ‘Good’ from the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation organization (NVAO). ‘The teaching staff is very motivated and engaged. They effectively succeed in the learning process of the students. Also the preparation for the labor market is excellent. The graduates have very good opportunities at the labor market.
- Language of instruction:English
- Duration:2 years
- Tuition fee:Information about tuition fees (collegegeld)
- Application deadline:1 June for Dutch students. 1 April for EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA students.* * EU/EEA students with an international degree who do not need housing services through Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam University Amsterdam can still apply until 1 June.
- Start date:1 September
- Study type:Full-time
- Field of Interest:Health and Movement
- Specializations:Health & Life Sciences-based Policy / Health & Life Sciences-based Management and Entrepreneurship / International Public Health
- Admission requirements: