Become a world-class business lawyer
International commercial transactions. – Cross-border sales. – Transfer of technology. – Mergers and acquisitions of companies. – Investment in complex construction projects abroad. – International registration of trademarks.
These are just few examples with which lawyers managing their international clients’ portfolio are faced in their everyday practice. The increasing level of globalization requires a flexible and open approach to the legal problems which accompany the international exchange of products and services. Predominantly, it entails the knowledge of legal rules (both national and international) which apply to such transactions.
Study and understand the implications of law in the international arena
The IBL Master's programme was launched in 1999. Since then, it offers a comprehensive graduate course of study to students who aim at a career in the field of international commercial law and trade. The IBL Master's programme is designed to cover a wide range of legal aspects relating to international commercial transactions. The courses are structured and coordinated to complement each other in order to give a student the broadest possible view of issues that appear in international legal practice. Because the courses are taught by academics who are often also practicing lawyers, the students learn how to anticipate the problems with which they will be confronted in their future work.
The curriculum of the IBL Master's programme includes the following courses:
• Competition Law (6 EC)
• EU Internal Market Law (6 EC)
• Financial Markets (6 EC)
• International Arbitration (6 EC)
• International Company Law (6 EC)
• International Contract Law (12 EC)
• International Intellectual Property Law (6 EC)
• International Tax Law (6 EC)
• International Trade and Investment Law (6 EC)
• Private International Commercial Law (6 EC)
Language of instruction:
- Duration: 1 year
- Tuition fee:
- Application deadline: 1 April for international students and Dutch students with an international degree. 1 June for Dutch students with a Dutch degree and students from VU University Amsterdam.
- Start date: 1 September
- Study type: Voltijd
- Field of Interest: Economie, Recht en Bestuur