VU Amsterdam has a welcoming, centrally located city campus in Amsterdam’s Zuidas district. The campus hosts talented students and academic staff, and has excellent facilities for teaching and research. The campus of today is a place where people feel at home, meet each other and engage in new forms of collaboration. In addition to the PhD ceremonies, inaugurations, symposiums and many conferences, there are also sports and cultural programmes, outdoor cinema and theatre on offer. The campus of today is a lively part of Amsterdam.
See you on campus!
VU Amsterdam's campus offers excellent facilities for research and teaching, with modern buildings and research infrastructure, and innovative facilities such as electronic examinations in the DigiTenT exam hall. In addition, the campus offers an inspiring, welcoming and lively range of related services, making it a pleasant place to be by opening its doors to a broad cross-section of the public:
- Extensive library facilities of the VU University Library
- Sports facilities and sports programs in the Sports Centre’s multiple locations.
- A varied cultural programme of theatre, film, music and dance at the Griffioen Cultural Centre, currently situated at VU Amsterdam Uilenstede location
- A wide and tempting range of shops, cafés and restaurants
- Kinderrijk childcare centre
- A permanent exhibition space in the VU Main Building where the Exposorium presents current exhibitions. The Exposorium also curates the university’s art collection and it maintains an art route through the public areas on campus.
- An impressive selection of rooms and halls for conferences and other meetings
- Guests, visitors and others can make use of a variety of IT and communication facilities
- Reprographics provide professional graphic design and printing
The VU Amsterdam campus is abuzz with academic events such as the opening of the academic year, Dies Natalis and an enticing public event programme including the VU Summer Break Festival, the On the Roofff Film Festival and the Open Air festival organized by the Griffioen Cultural Centre and Rialto cinema. The welcoming VU campus hosts symposiums, conferences and events for third parties in a variety of well-appointed rooms and halls.