- +31 20 59 88801
- [email protected]
- student- & onderwijszaken ( international office )
- Senior Advisor Information and Communication Technologies for Development/Project Manager International Cooperation Projects
Key Qualifications/field of expertise
- Information and Communication Technologies for Development
- Community Service Learning & ICT
- Project Management of International Cooperation in Higher Education
- ICT4D and Sustainable Science for Rural Development
- BKO (qualified lecturer in Higher Education)
SUMMARY OF WORK EXPERIENCE
Anna Bon is project manager of international projects in research, education and social outreach in Higher Education between VU and universities in the Global South, related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Since 2009 Anna works closely with the VU Network Institute, participating in the research program “Web Alliance for Regreening in Africa (http://w4ra.org)” in collaborative, field-oriented interdisciplinary research to support local innovation of rural communities in Sahel countries Mali, Burkina Faso and Ghana.
As an ICT4D researcher Anna gave guest lectures at various universities in the Global South: University of Malaysia Sarawak, University of Cape Coast, Ghana, University for Development Studies, Ghana, Anton de Kom University in Suriname, Colombia, Jimma University in Ethiopia.
Since 2014 Anna organizes and chairs the annual International Symposium “Perspectives on ICT for Development” in Amsterdam.
- The Defence of SRHR and LGBTI Human Rights In Guatemala – Enhancing ICCPG’s capacities to incorporate critical analysis
- Information and knowledge management of seed and tree crop systems for farmers (AOPP) in Mali
- Scaling up Biochar Urine Nutrient Cycling for Health Sustainable Innovations for Food & Nutrition Security (Bunch2Scale) in rural Bangladesh
Latin America & Europe
- From Tradition to Innovation in Teacher Training Institutions (TO-INN) – Educational network project between partners in 16 countries in Latin America and Europe
Lecturer at VU for master students in the elective ICT4D course, in the master tracks of Computer Science, Information Science, Artificial Intelligence.
Coordinator of the ICT4D in the Field master course for Community Service Learning in collaboration between VU and UNIMAS, (University of Malaysia Sarawak).
Supervision at VU of master students Information Science in the field of ICT4D.
View Anna Bon's publications at VU Research Portal.