- +31 20 59 85196
- student- & onderwijszaken ( international office )
- Project Manager International Cooperation Projects
KEY QUALIFICATIONS/FIELD OF EXPERTISE
- Project coordination for international development projects
- Teaching and Train the Trainer Approaches
- Expertise on (cultural) Diversity and Inclusion in higher education
- Knowledge of stakeholder mapping/(power) analysis and Theory of Change
- Good intercultural communication
SUMMARY OF WORK EXPERIENCE
Jorn Dormans is alumnus at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) who did his master in Social and Cultural Anthropology. His research followed the discourses and experiences of (cultural) diversity within the VU. After that he continued with a second Master through the Advanced Master Programme in International Development (AMID) at Radboud University in Nijmegen. Jorn has a passion for education and taught for several years both in primary, secondary and special education and is currently focusing on Train the Trainer Approaches in various CIS-projects, but especially during the IDLO-project “Enhancing Democracy and Citizens’ Trust in Governance: Adopting a Fair Treatment Approach in Indonesia’s Ombudsman Offices” (2018-2019). At CIS his daily activities involve: project management, coordination and project reporting; acquisition and developing project proposals, planning and organising training workshops (including logistics), administration, M&E and policy development.
- SRHR Tailor-made Information and Training to Contribute to Occupational Health and safety conditions of factory workers in the Ready-Made Garment Sector (STITCH) in Bangladesh
- CYBER: Cyber-Security Education in Indonesia through a Multidisciplinary Approach of Study Programs and Innovative Technologies
- "Mutual gains in complaint handling: Bridging gaps between the government and citizens through strengthened capacity of Ombudsman officers in Indonesia"
- Enhancing democracy and citizens’ trust in governance: Adopting a Fair Treatment Approach in Indonesia’s Ombudsman offices in Indonesia
- "Brighter Futures: Supporting Lebanese TVET Institutions and organisations to enhance quality education for refugee students and host communities"