- +31 20 59 87737
- [email protected]
- student- & onderwijszaken ( international office )
- Project Manager International Cooperation Projects
Key qualifications/field of expertise
- South African Higher Education System
- Postgraduate Education in Southern Africa
- Internationalization of Higher Education in Africa
- Project Management
- Facilitation of Training
- Financial Project Management
Summary of work experience
Colette Gerards studied Cultural Anthropology at the Universiteit van Amsterdam, specializing in Medical Anthropology and Development Studies. She joined Vrije Universiteit from NWO/WOTRO in 2010 to coordinate the SKILL-programme that ended in 2014. She continued her work at CIS coordinating the VU part in the EMA2SA consortium and as coordinator for many of the activities and projects with the South Africa VU Strategic Alliances Programme. Large scale projects in South Africa include project management for EPE (Enhancing Postgraduate Environment – Erasmus Plus Capacity Building for Higher Education)and KA1 Mobility South Africa (also Erasmus Plus). Next to this Colette is managing two large scale projects in Kenya, the Nuffic NICHE funded SPADE project as well as the ASALI project funded through the legacy of late Ms Grietje Wille.
Major side steps have been the Management and facilitation of a number of Tailor-Made Training and assisting Nuffic in setting up the NESO office South Africa since Colette has vast experience and a wide network within the South African academic context. In line with this experience and network, she is accountant manager for the region ‘Africa’ for VU International Office, facilitating partnerships and ensuring contracts are in place. Finally, Colette recently took over as the coordinator for the VU programme for Academic Freedom/Scholars at Risk.
ACP Region (Kenya and South Africa)
- Qualitative Research in Higher Education Teaching APProaches for sustainabilitY and well-being in Bhutan (HAPPY)
- "Brighter Futures: Supporting Lebanese TVET Institutions and organisations to enhance quality education for refugee students and host communities"
- "Partnership to assist the City of Cape Town with water & sanitation challenges in informal settlements during Covid-19 pandemic and beyond"
- Enhancing Postgraduate Environments Project (EPE) in South Africa
- South Africa VU Strategic Alliances (SAVUSA) in South Africa
- Spatial Planning to Agribusiness and Public Policy Development in Greater Western Kenya (SPADE) in Kisumu Kenya
- A Sustainable Approach to Livelihood Improvement (ASALI) in Kenya
- VU programme for Academic Freedom/Scholars at Risk
- Account manager Africa for VU International Office