- +31 20 59 88572
- student- & onderwijszaken ( international office )
- Project Manager International Cooperation Projects
Key qualifications/field of expertise
- Project coordination for international development projects
- Nutrition and Health
- Food Security
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Stakeholder analysis (e.g. needs assessment)
Summary of work experience
Mekky Zaidi has obtained her Master’s degree in 2017 in Management, Policy Analysis and Entrepreneurship in the Health and Life Sciences (MPA) from the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam). During her studies, she has learned to solve health and life sciences-related issues by using a multidisciplinary approach, working with different stakeholders and by involving the end-users in the process. She used this approach in her graduate internship at the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) on foresight and horizon scanning in international food systems.
After graduation, Mekky Zaidi improved her project management skills and teamwork skills as a project manager in a media company, where she was responsible for health publications that were published together with national newspapers, including Trouw and Volkskrant. In 2018, Mekky Zaidi returned to VU Amsterdam and worked as a junior researcher in de department of Nutrition and Health. Here, she was responsible for the following two research projects: 1) a pilot-study on the effect of nudging customers in supermarkets towards fruit and vegetables on their purchasing behaviour; and 2) a research study on the impact of vegetable gardens in nursery schools on the nutritional behaviour of young children.
In September 2019, Mekky Zaidi joined the Centre for International Cooperation of VU (CIS-VU). At CIS-VU, Mekky proactively supports multiple projects and oversees various tasks, including administrative and coordinating tasks, delegated to her by the senior project managers. Mekky Zaidi has a wide variety of experience in the organisation and monitoring of project planning and deadlines; reporting and communication within the project team as well as externally; working collaboratively within teams to maximise productivity; and organising events.
- "Brighter Futures: Supporting Lebanese TVET Institutions and organisations to enhance quality education for refugee students and host communities"
- WE = Water Education Myanmar
- The Defence of SRHR and LGBTI Human Rights In Guatemala – Enhancing ICCPG’s capacities to incorporate critical analysis
Rwanda, DR Congo and Uganda