- +31 20 59 89079
- [email protected]
- student- & onderwijszaken ( international office )
- Advisor Sustainable Land Management/Project Manager International Cooperation Projects
Key qualifications/field of expertise
- Project Management of International Cooperation in Higher Education
- UTQ (qualified lecturer in Higher Education)
- Intercultural communication
- Farmer Innovation
- Rural Development
Summary of work experience
Wendelien Tuyp is project manager of international projects in relation to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The projects focus is on research, education and social outreach in Higher Education between universities in the Global South and the VU.
Wendelien is a graduate in Communication Science, combining intercultural communication with expertise on sustainable land management. Her experience includes the development, management and implementation of projects in an intercultural and trans-disciplinary setting. She is also involved in teaching, training and coordination of courses at Bachelor and Master level, supervision of students, and the development of teaching and training (audiovisual) materials. Wendelien combines practical field work, training and research within (rural) development projects.
In 2009 Wendelien joined the transdisciplinary research programme the Web Alliance for Regreening in Africa to support local innovations and knowledge sharing of rural communities in Sahel countries Mali, Burkina Faso and Ghana.
Since February 2018 Wendelien is programme manager for the VU Indonesia network programme.
- Information and knowledge management of seed and tree crop systems for farmers (AOPP) in Mali
- Scaling up Biochar Urine Nutrient Cycling for Health Sustainable Innovations for Food & Nutrition Security (Bunch2Scale) in rural Bangladesh
- Programme Manager for the VU-Indonesia programme
TeachingMinor Environment & Development course
View Wendelien Tuijp's publications at VU Research Portal.