The application procedure for The Boardroom 2017 starts in June and runs until 29 September 2017.
Who are we looking for?
In order to be eligible for The Boardroom, you must at least meet the following requirements:
- You are a Master’s student;
- You are registered as a full-time student at the VU Amsterdam;
- You are under the age of 30;
- You are no more than one year behind on your studies;
- You have an average final grade of at least 7.0 for your Bachelor’s or Master’s study programme.
The selection committee will also consider a combination of the following characteristics:
- You provide a creative or unique contribution to social or cultural issues;
- You have performed innovative work in your academic field;
- You have organisational, athletic, management or creative talent (top athlete, volunteer work, study association, musical band, the arts);
- You have a ground-breaking mentality, are entrepreneurial, intrinsically motivated, resilient and strive to utilise your talents;
- Your reason for wanting to participate in the programme.
What should you submit?
- A motivation letter in which you explain why you would like to participate in the programme;
- Two personal references from lecturers, tutors or supervisors explaining why he/she considers you suitable for the programme;
- Your curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages);
- An official transcript of your study results.
A total of 35 students will be invited to give a pitch to promote their application. Based on the pitch presentations, the selection committee will choose 20 students to participate in the programme.
The deadline for registrations is 1 October 2017. Please send your application to: email@example.com. The pitch presentations will be held in October.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. The presentations will be evaluated by an independent committee consisting of representatives from several faculties and alumni who will be contributing to the curriculum. The selected candidates will be announced in late October.