I am a VU Amsterdamstudent
VU Amsterdam students find more information about registering for a secondary course or a minor on VUnet (use your VUnet-id).
I am not a VU Amsterdam student
If you wish to register as a secondary course student or to follow a minor at VU Amsterdam, then you must apply in VUnet. When doing so, you should not register for a complete study programme (for which you would need to apply via Studielink), but only for one or more courses at VU Amsterdam.
- Please check the admission requirements of the minor you wish to apply for.
- Please also check the website of the relevant faculty in order to see if there are any additional faculty regulations. Some faculties may have an application deadline or require you to first obtain permission from the study advisor, examination board or minor coordinator.
- Go to register.vu.nl and select Registration for secondary subjects. Select the study programme of the minor of your choice and the correct academic year. For the register terms check this document.
- Insert your personal details. After this you will receive your login details for VUnet.
- Log in on VUnet and select Complete application procedure under My Study Administration. If you can't find this subject on your VUnet-homepage, please try a different browser: Internet Explorer works better than Chrome. Still not possible to find My Study Administration? Then you can make use of the direct link: https://vunet.login.vu.nl/Pages/registration.aspx.
- Fill out all requested information for the correct study programme and upload all requested documents.
- Your request will be sent to the faculty after completing all steps.
- The faculty grants permission to be registered as a secondary course or minor student.
- Hand in a valid Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld (BBC) at the Central Student Desk (please write down your student number on the document). You can request a BBC at the student administration of your institution. You can apply for this document at your institution after you have given direct debit authorisation for the tuition fee or after having paid the full tuition fee.
- Check whether you receive a confirmation through email. There can be more students interested than places available. Please note that your registration request will only be processed after all the documents are received and after approval is given by the faculty. Contact the Central Student Desk if you have any questions about payment or submission of the BBC, or the secretariat of the faculty if you have any questions about the contents of the course (for example about course schedule).
UvA students at FNWI
If you are an UvA student at the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Mathemathics and Informatics (FNWI) and are taking courses at VU University (Faculty of Sciences or Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences) within the context of the joint programmes, then you will be automatically registered at VU University as a secondary course student after your registration at UvA is complete (this also applies to VU students, the other way around). Your registration must be completed on 1 September 2015. If this is not the case, then you must arrange being registered as a secondary course student yourself.
This applies to students of the UvA bachelor’s programmes in Future Planet Studies, Information Studies, Physics and Astronomy, Chemistry, Mathematics and for students of the UvA Master’s degree programmes in Computational Sciences, Information Studies, Life Sciences, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Physics, Stochastics and Financial Mathematics, System and Network Engineering.
More information about registration and re-registration for the joint programmes can be found at VU-UvA cooperation.