The core tasks of VU University Amsterdam and VUmc are Education, Research and Patient Care. To this has now been added an important core task, the ‘Exploitation of Knowledge’. Innovation Exchange Amsterdam (IXA, previously called Technology Transfer Office VU & VUmc) was established in order to strengthen the ambition and prominent position of the university and VUmc in society by more actively promoting knowledge and technology.
IXA has the following objectives:
- to make existing concepts, knowledge and technology available to society generally;
- to make research more relevant to societal and commercial developments;
- to enter into collaboration agreements that produce synergy for VU and VUmc research projects;
- to deal with knowledge that has been developed at VU University Amsterdam and VUmc in a professional and market-oriented way;
- to stimulate the economy and labour market at regional (Zuidas Amsterdam), national and international level.