The Watson Innovation course is a collaboration between the Vrije
Universiteit, University of Amsterdam and IBM Netherlands. It offers a
unique opportunity to learn about IBM Watson, cognitive computing and
the meaning of such artificial intelligence systems in a real world and
big data context. Students from Computer Science and Economics faculties
will join their complementary efforts and creativity in
cross-disciplinary teams to explore the business and innovation
potential of these technologies.
- Basics of Cognitive Computing and IBM Watson
- Understanding the original IBM Watson
- Develop ideas for Cognitive Computing apps
- Build real prototypes using IBM Watson technologies
- Showcase your ideas to real clients.
Form of tuition
Lectures & practical sessions at locations of the VU Amsterdam and IBM
Type of assessment
Evaluation of group projects and individual peer-reviews
Course lecture slides and related articles:
- What is IBM Watson?
- Building Watson: An overview of the DeepQA project
- CrowdTruth papers (http://crowdtruth.org/papers/)
Recommended background knowledge
knowledge in machine learning is recommended
A balanced mix of Computer Science, AI, Information Science, Business
Analytics and Business & Economics students (from VU as well as UvA) in
their 3rd year of bachelor or master level.
Places are limited, so sign up as soon as possible. For questions,
please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
dr. L.M. Aroyo, B. Timmermans, O.Inel, A. Dumitrache