The objective of this course is to learn about entrepreneurship, with a
focus on IT, and especially business ideas that involve Data Science
After this course:
- the student has knowledge on the different aspects of
- the student can write a business model canvas of a (potential)
This course consists of several elements:
- lectures about different aspects of entrepreneurship;
- guest lectures by for example successful entrepreneurs and investors
in starting companies;
- writing a business plan for a real or imaginary company.
For students who have the intention to start their own company we will
make it possible to pitch their ideas for venture capitalists (like a
Presence during the lectures is compulsory.
The course will be given by Enno Masurel (specialized in
Entrepreneurship, FEWEB) and Ger Koole (Analytics, FEW), assuring that
all aspects of IT entrepreneurship will be covered.
Form of tuition
Type of assessment
The assessment consists of:
- a written exam
- the writing of a business plan (business model canvas)
handouts to be distributed during the course
mBA, mMath, mCS, mAI, mIS, mPDCS
Register as usual and via Canvas