The research master's programme consist of:
• 8 General Required Modules (6 in the first year, 2 in the second year),
• 4 Research Modules of the chosen specialization (2 in the first year, 2 in the second year),
• 2 modules of the student’s own choice (Professional Stream Modules or Research Modules from another specialization).
The General Required Modules allow students to train academic and professional skills (such as research skills, hermeneutical reflection, ethical judgment, critical reasoning, presenting, writing, and operating on the dynamics between theory and practice).
Research modules concentrate on the themes of the faculty’s research foci:
• Biblical Studies and Digital Humanities (Old and/or New Testament)
• Innovation of Traditions in Early Christianity (New Testament and Patristics)
• Bible Translation
• History of Religious Migration (Church History)
• Reformed and Evangelical Theology in Contemporary Society
• Building Interreligious Relations
• Peace, Trauma and Religion
Professional Stream Modules offer the theoretical knowledge of the professional fields of leadership, religion in the media, spiritual care and education (the specialisations of the 1-year master).
Programme overview Theology & Religious Studies (research)