Who can join the Honours Programme?
The Honours Programme is designed for students who have passed all of their first-year Bachelor’s subjects by the end of that year, who have achieved a GPA of at least 7.5 and who have the motivation to take extra subjects in the second and third year of their programme.
- You can qualify yourself for the Honours Programme if you round off the first year with a grade point average of 7.5 or higher.
- You will be selected by your faculty on the basis of the application form below, which includes a motivation letter (in English) and a grade list.
- In some cases your CV and an interview is part of the selection procedure. Deadline for application is May 1st (in some cases we accept applications after 1 May). Selection of candidates will take place in May. You will know whether you have been admitted (conditionally) by the 1st of June.
- Wild Card: In case you are highly motivated but do not meet this criteria, you can give an explanation in your motivation letter and might finally be admitted to the programme.
If you passed all the exams of the 1st and 2nd period of your first Bachelor’s year with an average grade of at least 7.5, you may take an Honours course during the 2nd semester (limited places available). If you are likely to meet these requirements and you are interested in joining the programme, please send in the application form before 28 November. Awaiting your admission you will be invited for the Try Out Class, the first week of December, with presentations of all 2nd semester courses.
How and when to apply
- If you wish to take an Honours course in the 2nd semester of your first year the deadline for application is 28 November 2020 Application for first years students
- If you wish to start the Honour’s Programme in your second Bachelor’s year the application deadline is 1 May 2021 and you can find the application form here.