|Day(s)||Tuesday and Thursday|
|Number of meetings||10 including excursions|
|Dates of all meetings||3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26 April, 1, 3, 8, 15, 17, 22, 24 May 2018
|Location||Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1105|
|Room||BelleVU building room BV-1H50 (number 1091 at this map)
This course will give you insight in the technological, ethical and social aspects as well as the legal implications of the use of robotics
The course will be an interdisciplinary course, giving insight in the technological aspects, the ethical and social aspect as well as the legal implications of the use of robotics in different fields of society. This means the communication area, mobility, social support, medical and military and security applications. The subject will be the use of intelligent software, intelligent robots, nano-robots and drones in those areas. After a introductionary lecture about the subjects of the course, special attention will be given to the concept of natural person and legal personality of robots and humanoids.
Question to be discussed in this respect will be
- The frontiers between natural and artificial persons.
- If parts of brain and body will be replaced by artificial replacements where will be the human person?
- How will society integrate the increasing introduction of robots as intelligent cars, social robots and robots in the industrial and knowledge based services.
- B.Beers; how natural are law’s natural persons? the artificialisation of human life and the changing relation between natural and artificial persons;
- R. van den Hoven van Genderen: Robot law, a necessity or Legal science fiction? Springer 2014 Machine medical ethics and what about the Law?
- Fragments from; BJ Koops, M Hildebrandt en D-O Jaquet-Chiffelle, Bridging the accountability gap: Rights for new entities in the information society;
- Ronald Leenes & Federica Lucivero Laws on Robots, Ronald Leenes & Federica Lucivero Laws by Robots, Laws in Robots: Regulating Robot Behaviour by Design;
- Marlies Van de Voort • Wolter Pieters •Luca Consoli: Refining the ethics of computer-made decisions: a classification of moral mediation by ubiquitous machines;
- Yueh-Hsuan Weng · Yusuke Sugahara ·Kenji Hashimoto · Atsuo Takanishi: Intersection of “Tokku” Special Zone, Robots, and the Law: A Case Study on Legal Impacts to Humanoid Robots; Regulating Emerging Robotic Technologies in Europe: Robotics facing Law and Ethics (Report EU project : Authors: Erica Palmerini, Federico Azzarri, Fiorella Battaglia, Andrea Bertolini, Antonio Carnevale, Jacopo Carpaneto, Filippo Cavallo, Angela Di Carlo, Marco Cempini, Marco Controzzi, Bert-Jaap Koops, Federica Lucivero, Nikil Mukerji, Luca Nocco, Alberto Pirni, Huma Shah, Pericle Salvini, Maurice Schellekens, and Kevin Warwick.
- Further TBD (articles of lecturers and 3rd parties. TBD) to be placed on Blackboard
paper(s), presentations, participation and excursions. (60/20/10/10)