The research master's programme consist of:
• 8 General Required Modules (6 in the first year, 2 in the second year),
• 4 Research Modules of the chosen theme (2 in the first year, 2 in the second year),
• 2 modules of the student’s own choice (Professional Stream Modules or Section Modules offered by other sections).
The General Required Modules allow students to train academic and professional skills (such as research skills, hermeneutical reflection, ethical judgment, critical reasoning, and operating on the dynamics between theory and practice). Research modules concentrate on the themes of the faculty’s research foci.
• Biblical Studies and Digital Humanities
• Innovation of Traditions in Early Christianity
• Bible Translation
• History of Religious Migration
• Reformed and Evangelical Theology in Contemporary Society
• Building Interreligious Relations
• Peace, Trauma and Religion
Professional Stream Modules offer the theoretical knowledge of the professional fields of management, media, spiritual care and education (the specialisations of the 1-year master).
Programme overview Theology & Religious Studies (research) 2017-2018